Another move later...

It's finished! The boxes are unpacked, the house looks like a home, for the most part, and we are settling in to Moody Air Force Base in Georgia. It is hot, it is humid, and it is difficult to adjust after the temperate German climate we lived in for 4 1/2 years. 4 1/2 years! I just like lists, so here goes: Paris, France Rothenberg, Germany Trier, Germany Metz, France Kirchdorf, Austria Edelweiss, Germany Drove through Switzerland Brussels, Belgium Brugges, Belgium (Really hard name), Poland Florence, Italy Rome, Italy Chinqueterra, Italy; and so many more I have to stop listing them now. I even spelled some of these wrong just to see if you were paying attention! We were able to see some of the oldest buildings in Europe, 30+ castles, I had all of my piano recitals in a castle, and we have memories that will last a lifetime! Joe brought home 60 bottles of wine, which I won't drink because I think wine is gross. Yes, I'm a child. I prefer milk. :) The girls spent 3 weeks with my parents this summer, something we've never had them do before. They got to go to Hawaii for 2 of those weeks. I've never been to Hawaii. (Pouting.) They had a blast. Joshua was home with me, working on our tan. After 4 1/2 years in Germany, none of us had any color left. The first time we saw the sun here in Georgia, we had to duck and cover. 50 SPF still had us browning, and all 3 kids had growth spurts. We love the sunshine! As we start this new school year, Caylea is a junior starting dual enrollment at Liberty University online, Chloe is an 8th grader, and Josh is (gasp) a 6th grader! I remember 6th grade boys. I never liked them much, but he's okay. :) Joe's job isn't what he expected but he's a great boss and he enjoys working with this crowd. I have zero piano students lined up. It's just a different kind of place here in Georgia, where things are slow-paced, most stores are closed on Sundays, and we can relax and settle in. We have too many churches to choose from, and we're working on finding friends for the kids. Porch nights will have to wait until the gnats go away and it cools off a bit, but the fire pit is here, ready to go this fall!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2012 in Review

TDY en-route

2020 in a Nutshell