A Mouse Near the House

2 mornings in a row something woke me up at 5am scratching on the rolladen...the German metal blinds that completely block out the sun and roll down outside the window. Well, yesterday during some of my piano kids' lessons, a mom practically yelled, more like exclaimed loudly, "TORI, YOU HAVE A MOUSE."

I lifted my feet up like a total girl and got embarrassed at my reaction. I freely admit it. It was instinctual and I can't help that.

She said, "NO IT'S OUTSIDE!" It was right outside the door. I went out to hit it with a shoe and it went down the crack, right where I heard the scratching coming from! Today, during some other student's lessons, I saw it again out of the corner of my eye and ran out to get it, but again, it was too quick. The older brother of the girls I was teaching stayed outside a bit to see if he could kill it, but it never came back out.

I'm going to buy a mouse trap. It is around 4-5 inches long and dark brown, almost black. It wasn't a rat, praise God. I would really freak out. I have been traumatized concerning mice, though...ever since Korea. Bad things happened in Korea with the mice. I won't go into details.

I will hold them, pet them, and think they're cute. I just don't want them in or around my house!!! At least it's not inside, though, just in a crack outside....outside...outside....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020 in a Nutshell

TDY en-route

2012 in Review