Summer isn't here yet

The Grand Parents left Saturday morning after a beautiful trip to Garmisch, finishing the tree house, fixing various things around the house, keep me still, and eating lots of good German food. I am confident that they went home happy, but my kids all cried. We had to put them on a shuttle to go to the airport because I just wasn't up to the drive yet, and I had to assure my mother repeatedly that I wouldn't hurt myself. I think she knows me a little to well. :) This morning I sat down, on her behalf, and wrote out my chores. I've always kept them in my head and when I got finished I thought to myself, "Wow. No wonder I sleep so soundly at night!" So, for the next 2-3 weeks, my children will take over my chores. They already began, but I have just been telling them, "Right now I'd be doing this..." and they do it. I really do have great kids. I am so thankful.
Caylea has been cooking regularly for a month now. She seems to enjoy it, although she is still easy to fluster, just like me. Chloe, on the other hand, throws seasonings in a pot and decides what tastes good. She's like her father. He's a great cook. I cook to survive. lol
We are picking up two of Caylea's friends Wednesday. They're staying for 2 weeks. I have planned easy things for us to do to let them see Germany without hurting my recovery process. I'm feeling great. I haven't been in pain like I was before the surgery and if it weren't for my tummy feeling like I've done 1,000 crunches in a day, I'd be feeling completely 'normal' again. My kids are watching me like hawks. I went to lift a pot without thinking yesterday and Caylea said "NO" and startled me. I didn't lift it, Mom!
Once the girls get here we will paint the finished tree house. That should be interesting and fun. We're just trying to keep busy this summer. It seems to make the days go by faster.

On a completely different note, Joey and I just celebrated 15 years of marriage. All we could do was smile and wink across the computer lines, but it was great to still enjoy flirting with him after all of this time. It has flown by. I look forward to 50 more! As I sit here typing, listening to my kids do my chores while singing, I am so thankful for God's grace and peace in our lives. I am thankful that He changed my heart, that He has grown both Joey and I up, and even though we still have work to do, we're a happy family. We pray this kind of peace for everyone we know, however God provides it to you and your families.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020 in a Nutshell

TDY en-route

2012 in Review