Minor correction for what was then a major problem.

"Shutzen" doesn't not mean "to shoot" in German. Remember back to the little boy with the water gun who was repeatedly shooting me in the face. I said to him, "Du musst stop shutzen mir in mein Geschist." I got the word, not from a dictionary or from some other learned source, but it came flashing into my brain in the heat of the moment. There is a strawberry field down the road from my house. In front of the giant strawberry (a house, shaped like a strawberry), there is a small white sign that says "Shutzenhaus" with a picture of bows and arrows and a man shooting what appears to be a gun. So, my brain assumed that "shutzen" meant some form of "to shoot," and so that's what I used on the boy. Who wouldn't have assumed that? My German teacher tells me that "Shutzenhaus" does, in fact, mean shooting range. However, she also informed me that "shutzen," by itself, means 'to protect.' I was telling (okay, yelling) at the little boy, "STOP PROTECTING ME IN MY FACE!" Of course, he understood what I meant even though I was using the wrong word, and his mother definitely understood based on her answer, but the irony, the difference in meaning, is not lost on me.

Caylea had pneumonia. It started out as a headache-fever virus that we both had. I was better in 3 days, she wasn't. Of course, with our interesting dynamic, I took her in to the doctor after the 5th day of fever and they treated it like a normal virus and sent her home with Sudafed, a pretty useless drug, unless you want to sleep and wake up with an even worse headache. Day 7 I took her back in with the still continuing 101 fever and they did a chest x-ray. It was very clear. I wish I could post that picture. It's cool. Anyway, after 4 days of antibiotics she is feeling so much better and the fever finally broke on the 8th day. I won't post any pictures of her this week, though, because she didn't feel well and I wouldn't want my sick face plastered all over a blog, so I won't do that to her either.

We bought a new loft bed for Josh. Well, it's new to us. It's the one that has the full bed on top and the trundle underneath. The lady that was selling it helped me take it apart, but as I was loading pieces into my Volvo, she continued taking it apart, so I didn't get to watch the entire process. I got it home and looked at the 30+ pieces for a very long time. The look on my face must've warned my children not to approach because they didn't, not until I called and said, "Someone hold this for me..." We got it put back together and I only have 4 screws leftover. :) In my defense, the lady said she had screws leftover when she put it together, and I think she just threw them in the bag for good measure, in case I figured it out properly. Chloe and I scoured that thing trying to find out where those extra screws might belong, but we couldn't find a single hole that was missing a screw, so we gave up. They're in the bag, where they will remain until Joe shows me where they go.

Joe won his boxing match. He fought a 21 year old and, raugh out roud, they were both Asian. (Yes, that's supposed to be 'laugh out loud' with an Asian accent. I also make fun of my Texan accent, so don't fuss at me about it, just enjoy the humor.) He told me that the first round was definitely in Young'uns favor (that's what I'm calling the 21 year old), but that he (Joe) came back strong in the 2nd round and finished him off in the 3rd round, winning the fight. They also won 'best fight,' akin to 'most entertaining.' I can imagine. Joe says he didn't realize anything was going on, that he was pretty incoherent after Young'un gave him a black eye, but his corner coach said that even the General was on his feet, yelling. It was a true "Rocky" moment. I told him I was glad that he won because I was afraid that if he lost, he would want to fight until he won one. He said, "I fought a guy half my age and won, but I don't feel good. I'm never doing this again. It hurts!" I'm glad he's accomplished this, gotten it out of his system, and is ready to sky-dive with me. He's probably reading this saying, "WHAT?" but here's the deal...he told me years ago that I couldn't sky-dive because 'the kids still need me' and that I would have to wait until they were older. Well, they're older. If he can do a dangerous sport like boxing, I should be able to sky-dive once, right? I'll create a poll and you can all vote. "Should Tori go sky-diving in the next year?" You will have the choice of two answers. "Yes," or "Absolutely." Be thinking about it while I figure out how to create a poll....

Comments

Mis'Information said…
Yes to the sky diving, not together though, you know just in case....

Popular posts from this blog

2020 in a Nutshell

TDY en-route

2012 in Review