Whilry

I am trying to learn Italian. I have finished one lesson on Rosetta Stone and it made me laugh so hard, I can barely start lesson 2. It's not the language, it's my pronunciation of it. No, I'm not one of those genius people who likes to learn languages. I am trying to learn just enough so that when we go to Italy in a few months, I will be able to do three things:

1. Get where I need to go without entering a slum neighborhood.
2. Order food, and lots of it.
3. Find a working toilet.

Joey says I need to learn how to say, "Back off, I'm married," but I doubt that. I have a skunk streak that rivals that of my brother and I have no doubt that my appeal is largely in my husband's eyes and no one else's. I'm perfectly content with that. If he thinks I'm the golden apple, then I can't ask for more. I don't know where 'golden apple' came from, but I'm not changing it. :) He's my golden apple too. I wouldn't have it any other way, and my focus in Italy will likely be the food and the art, and keeping people away from my kids. lol

We have been working out 4 days a week. Well, the kids and I have. We won't mention Joe since he's still trying to figure out his schedule... We've done pretty well. All 3 kids can run a mile without stopping now, and we're working on whittling down their times. This week was supposed to be mile and a half week, but I have one sick kid and my nose isn't so happy itself. We'll do that next week. We'll stick to 1 mile this week, on our elliptical, here at home, so we don't share our germs with other people.

Our Belgian bedroom set is a saga all its own. We waited 11 weeks for it, when it was supposed to be delivered in 6-8. They got it here and one piece had a big 'oops' on it where they missed staining the wood. Another piece was completely missing, preventing the delivery guys from assembling the largest piece of the set. They came back today and as soon as I saw them, my heart knew. They had brought the original missing piece, but the piece with the 'oops' on it that we sent back for repair was nowhere to be found. I won't even begin to describe my frustration. What's another week with my clothes on the floor?

Piano lessons are going well. Students ebb and flow and this is the time of year that I lose a few, gain a few. It's never easy. I interview all of my students and their parents before committing to teaching them, so I can honestly say that I genuinely like all of the kids that God has allowed me to teach. Saying goodbye is part of our lifestyle, this military, Air Force life that Caylea so aptly sang about.

My youngest child will be 10 in a month. All 3 kids in double digits. I'm not old, though. I can still do a back flip off the middle dive at the pool, amazing my children and all of their friends. I can still run without dying, although my lungs hate this cold air. More importantly, I can still out-wrestle my oldest, who will be 15 this spring. She likes to pretend that she's stronger than I am, and then I show her, ever so gently, that Momma still rules. lol One of these days one of my children will out-maneuver me, but I won't be ashamed. One of these days one of them will run a mile faster than I can, and I won't mind a bit. I want to raise a better generation. Why wouldn't I? Shouldn't that be the goal of every parent? I constantly tell my kids, "Don't be like me. Be better." :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020 in a Nutshell

TDY en-route

2012 in Review