Josh's 20th

 Our "baby" is officially out of his teens!  Joe and I traveled to VA to visit Josh for his birthday weekend and help him get settled into his new apartment (he moved off campus).  Caylea and Noah (and Rusal) surprised him by coming, and we were able to take our whole family and a couple of his closest friends axe/knife/throwing star throwing for a fun time.  

Joshua is really good at throwing everything, and Joe managed a double under-handed axe throw that was quite impressive.  We have an axe-throwing place here in Lenoir City if any of you want to try it out with us.  😀

I'm really good at throwing knives.  I feel like people should know that. 🗡

Joe made a Valentine's day breakfast for Chloe and her roommate, Abi.  He even turned the meat into a flower.  I made sure everyone had coffee and clean laundry.  That's pretty much a mom's job, right?  :)

Enjoy the pictures!  <3

This is Rusal, completely worn out from being underneath my feet while I organized the new apartment for the boys.
I would give him paper towel rolls for entertainment,
but he preferred to watch Caylea & I recover the chairs to the boys' table.
Before & after (to be clear, the blue is the before and it was quite stained.)
That evening, we had dinner at Chloe & Abi's apartment with friends we've known a LONG time and who always make us laugh.

Starting left and going around the table clockwise:

Judah, Caleb, Rachael, Josh, Caylea, Abi, Chloe


A studly charcuterie board maker....notice the salami flower in the bottom center of the pic!  Joe made this for Chloe and Abi for their Valentine's Day breakfast!

That evening we took a big group axe-throwing.

A studly axe-thrower demonstrating how it's done to all the young whipper-snappers.  😁


Christopher versus Abi, whose face is covered by his arm.
He won but she gave a valiant effort!

Josh & Chloe, throwing stars versus knives
Josh is dangerously good with weapons.
Chloe looks dangerous, and she's definitely decent enough to kill a zombie.
Me & Judah, Chloe's boyfriend or, as Joe likes to call him, her "(long pause) friend."  😄

We can always count on Noah to bring the competition....

And he has the cutest wife.  😘

Me & my hubby!  It should be pointed out that I am, indeed, a terrible selfie-taker.  I have no shame.

Joshua Hering, Noah's brother and my Josh's roommate.
Judah and Josh figuring out all of the weapons.
Josh & Noah Hering...they are every bit as competitive as we are!
Me and my son, who had a cold and felt terrible but also wanted to have a decent 20th birthday so loaded up on cold meds and came out with us....
Me and Abi Pace, Chloe's roommate and bff, and daughter of my dear friend, Trisha.
Christopher, Abi's brother, figuring things out.  He was also quite competitive. (I should explain that, by competitive, I mean (1) able to throw a weapon and get it to stick in the board (2) able to get the weapon to stick where he wanted it to and (3) able to beat me.
Caylea and I both enjoyed throwing the knives.  And she's so pretty, even when destroying targets!
Then the guys all started learning how to do trick shots and it was pretty cool.
And they could all throw with one arm, but I had to throw with 2.
Chloe & Judah.  She's so cute!
Caylea & me.
The group from left to right:  Christopher, Abi, Joshua, Noah, Caylea, Joshua, Chloe, Judah
And this is what usually happens...Chloe does something goofy, Noah smirks at her and I laugh at her and Caylea is usually the reciprocant of whatever Chloe is doing.  😂
And then we all laugh.
And then we try a "normal" picture.
Me, Josh, & Joe at his birthday dinner, a Japanese noodle place that we all like.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020 in a Nutshell

TDY en-route

2012 in Review