Fall

It's officially fall in Germany, which means it feels like winter when you're from the south. I had forgotten how cold and wet it can be during certain months. It's kind of like child-birth....you forget the bad parts because there is so much good that comes out of it! I'm wearing my "Jesus Loves Housewives" shirt today, which people find offensive. I wonder why. It doesn't say that Jesus DOESN'T love other wives, and it has Proverbs 31 as the Scripture reference, which covers just about any job a woman could have. To be easily offended is one of the worst ways to live. I tell my kids constantly, "Treat it like water rolling off a duck's back." They've seen that in person, so they get it. If it won't matter next week, it doesn't matter right now. This weather does make a person tired, though. The sun is coming up around 730 and going down around 530. Soon enough it'll only be "up" around 7 hours a day, but even when the sun is "shining," it is often hidden by clouds. I think life is like that. The SON is always shining, but we let the clouds make us forget Him. Often times we create our own clouds when all we really need is a good nap. Or ice cream. Ice cream makes almost anything better, according to my kids. Last night we were driving with friends who wanted to go look at a particular vehicle. Josh said, "I want to go look at ice cream." I think we may go do that today...

Comments

Design-First said…
Hi Tori,

Great blog . . . you contacted me about publishing some of your work on Military Brat Life. I emailed you twice, but the email keeps bouncing back. It looks like your email server thinks the email is spam . . . not sure why this is happening. You may want to get a backup email address (yahoo or gmail are free).

I would like to publish some of your work . . . Please contact me again with an email address I can respond.

Popular posts from this blog

2020 in a Nutshell

TDY en-route

2012 in Review