Mans makes his plans and God laughs

Well, I had great plans to take my parents hither and yon, but it turns out that hither and yon were too much for me. We'll have to stick to yon, some other day. I did take them to France today, though. Dad got permission to drive and he drove 120 miles per hour on the autobahn. He liked it a lot and said he could get used to it. :) I took them to Cora, where we attempted to purchase cheese and wine and some other goodies. The main point was that I got my parents' feet in France. Next week I'll put their feet in Austria and they'll have been in 3 countries. I would love to take them to more, but the surgery wiped me out. I'm feeling fine, but I definitely have to take it easy. My Mom is doing a great job taking care of me and keeping the house running. The kids are such great helpers, and my Dad has taught the girls to play chess. Caylea stale-mated him today, and he wasn't distracted! Caylea was so proud of herself. Chloe is pretty good at it too, but she's easily distracted. I have no idea why. I'm never distracted. There's a beagle outside my window. He ran by, sniffed around, and ran back by.
I forgot what I was typing about. Oh, yeah...Hither and Yon... :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020 in a Nutshell

TDY en-route

2012 in Review