When Grandparents visit

This is what happens when Grand Parents visit. Yes, I separated those two words on purpose. My parents are quite grand. I like them a lot. I am convalescing, which is incredibly difficult for me, and they are finishing my projects and Joe's, including the tree house. Notice it has a new location, much safer, much better, especially since the neighbor whacked off the trees surrounding it. The kids have worked hard all day, so we're going to eat at a castle for dinner tonight. You just can't beat that! :)

We woke up this morning and the girls hauled wood to the wood shed while Josh, Dad, and I went to the lumber store to get what we needed to finish the tree house, which Dad had cut down yesterday. He also trimmed up the mutilated trees, so they look much better. Nana supervised the girls and weeded my entire front driveway. It looks so lovely!
We had banana splits for lunch.
The Grand Parents and the kids tackled the stump. They pushed, pulled, and jumped until it was out of the gaping hole, which we filled with dirt and a new bush. The stump remains where it was last seen, in my lawn, but that's okay. It'll move eventually...or not.
Then they got busy on the tree house, which is now attached to the swing set. It looks great and the kids are super excited to have it completed. The platform that Joe started is still standing strong!
Now we're off to eat dinner at our favorite place, Burg Lichtenberg. I'm hoping to eat a lot and feel better. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020 in a Nutshell

TDY en-route

2012 in Review