Spring Break!

We celebrated our spring break early, simply because it's not yet spring in Germany, but my parents came to visit. We took them to Luxembourg, Belgium, (where everything was closed and we had no waffles), rock climbing, race-car-driving (IF I HAVE TO HEAR 'MUSTANG' ONE MORE TIME....!!!!), and thrift-store shopping; not to mention the super lunch at Burg Lichtenberg. It was an amazing, quick, fun-filled, relaxing vacation. Caylea finally beat PaKenny at Chess, although there is some debate about the help she received. Joshua made it out of the PaKenny "Boring Family" attack with fewer bruises than I anticipated, and the massages we sent the grandparents to get had them completely melted. I know they had a good time and I hope we get to spoil them like that more often!
I get to go find out if I need knee surgery today. It isn't one of those things you like to advertise, but there it is, and since I only managed to run 1/2 mile this morning before the give-out, I figured I'd ask all of you faithful readers of this silly blog to pray for this 35 year old knee that acts 65. :) I probably shouldn't have treated it so badly when I was growing up, but when you're young, you're invincible! Speaking of invincible, Caylea's newest song, Through the Rain, is now available for purchase on iTunes. How cool is that? I wish I could market Chloe's humor or Josh's Lego-building abilities the same way we market her music. It makes us seem biased, but we dote on the other two as well.
I'm anxiously awaiting my "Wife of the Year" award for purchasing the mustang, for letting Joey take the mustang and my Dad to the race track and drive it at 150+ miles per hour, for only minimally sighing and griping about his other 'love,' not to mention keeping the laundry done. I was reading my blog, and I haven't mentioned my utter loathing of laundry in quite some time, so there it is. I still despise it. Seriously. I told my Mom that if there was one thing I'd pay someone else to do in my rich-world-fantasy, it would be laundry. It is never-ending, much like my whining about it. Alas, that much laundry means that much family, means that much more love, so I can't complain too much. I guess I'll stick to whistling while I work.
Speaking of funny noises (whistling), I went to sit down last night and Chloe very quickly threw her whoopie-cushion underneath me. That was funny, I have to admit. I laughed for a while...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020 in a Nutshell

TDY en-route

2012 in Review