Closets

We finally have enough closets.  It's amazing what you get spoiled to when you live in America.  We love our storage space.  I like reaching to my right to flush a toilet.  Here, I have to push a very large button on a wall and, depending on what I'm flushing, stop it or let it use a LOT of water.  Water is expensive, so you have the "stop flush" option for lighter loads.  It's comical, I know.  I still grin when I hit "stop."  Central heat and air are also wonderful.  They don't even have air conditioners here.  I'll let you know how that goes this summer.  The heaters are radiators that are attached to every wall in the house.  You have to crank them up or down and one of my kid's chores is to make sure that they are on the appropriate number for the day. Don't ever squat down next to one and then stand up.  Having a radiator knob scrape your lower back is incredibly painful and lasts for days.   
The walls are all concrete, which makes putting curtain rods in extremely difficult, to say the least, and since our office/Joe's closet (one and the same) face our neighbors kitchen window, we want to put a curtain up.  I tried. He'll have to fix my mess when he gets home.  He's much better at that stuff anyway.  I did fine in AMERICA, but I am having wall troubles here.  
I'm still waiting on my family room couch, coffee table, and chairs to be delivered, along with my enormous book shelf for the home school room.  Is it legal for me to call it that since we haven't actually home schooled in it yet?  Oh well, the kids did double lessons for 2 months so that we could take our time getting going again here.  I've said it and I'll say it again...they're perfect.  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020 in a Nutshell

TDY en-route

2012 in Review