Dust

It's summer time in Germany. My windows are constantly open because we don't have an air conditioner. I would have to dust every day, possibly twice a day, to keep my house in the condition I am accustomed to when I live in the States and do have an A/C to help keep things clean. I am fine with the dust. Wednesday is my dust-day. Even my children know this. I am fine with other people noticing my dust, especially if it is Tuesday. If someone says, "Wow, that picture frame is dusty," I will likely respond with, "Yes, it is. Someone should clean that," as I grin and walk away. I won't judge your house if you won't judge mine.
What I am NOT fine with, and anyone who knows me can tell you this, is the finger swipe. You know what it is. You've all done it at least once in your life. You see the dust, you swipe the finger, you wipe it on your pants leg and think, "Wow, that's a lot of dust." Caylea did that when she was 7. There is a particular piece of furniture that is a dark wood and shows dust readily. She would finger swipe it daily. She was 7 years old when she learned how to dust for her Mommy.
So, and I'm not accusing anyone, honestly...if you were the one who finger-swiped the picture frame...you owe me a dusting. That's my rule. If you had just left it alone, all would be well. In the future, keep your dust-swiping fingers to yourself. I could understand if it was so thick a layer that you couldn't see the people in the picture, but that was not the case. I just dusted last Wednesday.
:)

Comments

superbadfriend said…
Hahahaha that's pretty funny. It was me. I swiped the dust. Too tempting not too. ;)

We dust twice a year. Spring and winter. lol

Popular posts from this blog

2020 in a Nutshell

TDY en-route

2012 in Review