Ahhhhhhh

Chloe walked into the bathroom yesterday and said, "It smells like Daddy in here." See? Smell is one of those fabulous senses that God gives us to associate good (and bad) memories. I did stand there smelling him for a long time. I fell asleep on his chest and I don't care if any of you think that is sappy. It was wonderful. He has lost a significant amount of weight, so his chest was just the right height. :) He also doesn't snore any more. I woke up several times throughout the night to put my hand on his chest and make sure he was still breathing. Likewise, he kept reaching over to pat me throughout the night. He's in there cooking breakfast while singing and the kids love it. We're taking him grocery shopping today. He has missed out on lots of little things, like fried eggs (not the egg beaters that they serve at chow halls across the world), real bacon, and driving. Yesterday he kept telling me to slow down but I wasn't even going to speed limit yet. He has forgotten how the autobahn feels, but I have a feeling it won't take long to catch up on that one.
We ate at the Korean restaurant last night and we've decided that we probably won't eat out again for a very long time. No one cooks like a home cooked meal and it's just so expensive. I'll be making my famous fried chicken for him tonight, but for those of you close enough to drive here and demand some, don't bother. I won't even open the door. :)
I can't even begin to explain the sense of relief and happiness that everyone is feeling in this house. For those of you who have partaken of the great (insert sarcastic snicker) military tradition of deployment, I thank you. For those of you who have done this 6 month tour only to send your loved one back 2 weeks later for 6 more months, I especially thank you. I do not think I could do that, and God knows that. I think that would've literally broken me and I am so grateful that he is home to stay! For my Army friends whose husbands go for 15 months, I'll pray even harder. I hope that this blog lets people out there know that their prayers are appreciated and felt. If you think you're not serving your country by praying for the men and women over there, you couldn't be more wrong. They definitely feel and appreciate and covet your prayers!
Today we're doing 'normal' things like grocery shopping, and breakfast is ready! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020 in a Nutshell

TDY en-route

2012 in Review