209 Days

209 Days is how long I went without a Dr. Pepper. I had one yesterday and it was wonderful. The girls had their first soda in almost as long (they started the fast a couple of weeks after I did), and they were equally excited. Don't get concerned, Dad, this is not going to be a habit. It was just a treat for one day. :)
Joey has cooked 2 fabulous breakfastsys (that's how Josh used to say it) and we're having steak for dinner! Josh started running a 102.7 fever yesterday, just out of the clear blue, but it's down to 100.7 this morning. He woke me up at 630 making himself some chocolate milk. I guess when you have a fever you feel a certain sense of entitlement. He beat me in checkers last night. One dumb move and a triple jump on his part, and I was done, but I beat Caylea in chess. That was fun. I still stink at chess, but she stinks worse. I have no idea if any of us will ever take the $100 that my Dad took from my Mom to give to anyone who could beat him, but we're going to try. If not via chess, we'll do it with pull-ups. Well, Josh will. I don't know if I'll ever be able to do 10 pull-ups on purpose.
We're skipping church and cuddling all day. It's raining, 30 degrees outside, and we're all finally starting to feel 'normal' again. You can laugh. 'Normal,' for us, is far from it in the world's view. :)
We played Carcassonne yesterday. He won by 40 points, but he's been playing on his iPod for the last 6 months and I haven't played at all except when I took it easy on Natalie and Rachael. Go ahead and admit it, girls. I waited until there were less than 20 tiles left to start doing any real damage because you threatened me with whining and I can't stand whining. lol I'll play him again today and maybe win, maybe not. I don't really care. It's just so great to have him home to play with again!
He has a week's worth of briefings to do and then we're going to go to Belgium for the first time since we've been in Germany. We're looking forward to a state's drive away to see a whole 'nother country. We are planning a big trip to Italy in May with my parents (we hope), and if we can get to Holland and Corrie Ten Boom's "Hiding Place," plus going skiing in Switzerland in 2012, then I will be happy to leave Europe with lots of sites under my belt.
Happy to be 'normal' again...

Comments

superbadfriend said…
You guys all look great Tori! Miss ya xojess
5Ingrams said…
I have yet to find any old chains lying (laying?) around, but I have looked. :)

Popular posts from this blog

2020 in a Nutshell

TDY en-route

2012 in Review